Our solid and reliable reputation for building relationships with our Asian and Pacific neighbours has ensured that Clayton Utz is a firm that consistently meets the expectations of our international clients. With a vast wealth of knowledge in the region across all areas of law, our team of lawyers consistently provide sound legal advice to corporations, banking and financial institutions, developers, government, the mining industry and a wide range of infrastructure projects.
Our lawyers make regular visits to all countries in the Asia/Pacific region and when required, we have the resources to work on the ground in any particular country to ensure the successful outcome of any project. This includes advising our clients on all aspects of a transaction and working closely with local lawyers and government agencies.
- advised in relation to a cooperation agreement with respect to exploration, development and mining of precious and base metal deposits at the Wia Wia project in Indonesia
- advised Co-operative Bulk Handling Limited on its purchase of a stake in the Indonesian based PT Berdikari Utama Flour Mills.
- acting for a major Australian mining company in relation to the recent sale of a 30% interest in a coal mine in Indonesia by the owners of the mine and impact of this transaction on the sales agency arrangements
- currently advising on a number of construction contracts in Laos
- advised a sponsor in its negotiations with the Solomon Islands Government in relation to a proposed independent power project involving the proposed construction of a hydro-electric facility and associated transmission line
- advised the world's largest electricity companies on construction aspects of a $2 billion Asian hydro-electric infrastructure project
- acted for a borrower on the construction financing for its port development in Vietnam.